Over the last few years, Riky Rick has become one of the most popular and respected rappers in Joburg. Since the release of his debut album, Family Values, he has transformed into a household name and given a number of unforgettable performances. He even took to the stage in Berlin alongside the likes of Stefflon Don and Ray Blk just a couple of weeks ago!
Here are some fast facts about the successful music icon that you possibly didn’t know.
Things you should know about Riky Rick
- Riky Rick’s real name is actually Rikhado Makhado
- Hip hop star, Bongani Fassie, is one of his biggest motivators, and is the man responsible for inspiring him to take the plunge and start making his own music
- The first single that he ever released was called Barbershop and featured Da L.E.S
- Riky is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict
- He has a son, Maik Daniel Makhado, who also appears on the cover of Family Values
- He was born and raised in uMlazi, Kwa-Zulu Natal
- Before fully embracing the music industry, he studied film production at AFDA
- It took just 14 hours to record Family Values
- Aside from making his own music, Riky Rick also dedicates a lot of his time to producing music and focuses on various genres including Kwaito, Hip Hop and House
- He appeared in Isibaya as a music producer
Following the news of his split from record label, Mabala Noise, many Riky Rick fans have been anxious to hear what the rapper has planned for the future. You’ll be pleased to hear that the man of the moment still has his eye on the prize.
“There’s few things more beautiful than starting a new journey. Brace yourself for new levels of success but prepare yourself for new challenges that will come your way,”.
It sounds like the rap sensation still has plenty more to give. We’d be lying if we said that we aren’t excited to see what the rest of 2017 has in store Mr Rikhado Makhado. What do you think he’ll do next??