Pressure brings out what is inside of us and exposes our strengths and weaknesses. The fact that you’ve made it this far, indicates that you already have some knowledge on exams.
Here’s a recap on what you already know but tend to forget when mastering exam writing skills.
Remember to remember…
Exams come with pressure; it is a part of the game. With thorough preparation, exam stress does not have to get the better of you. It does not have to be a time of panic attacks and anxiety. Here are some tried-and-tested tips on how to avoid exam stress:
• Prepare by going through past exam questions in advance.
• Get enough sleep the night before the exam.
• Test your equipment (gadgets and calculators) before the exam.
• Read the exam question to understand what is required of you.
• Create a practical study timetable as part of your time management efforts to get you ready.
• Don’t be late for your exam.
• Don’t skip lectures! You never know when your lecturer may give you the exam scope.
• Adjust your diet to fuel your brain.
• Keep your body hydrated.
There is always a way out. Exams remind us to think. Apply yourself this exam season. Use the pressure as a launching pad to get you out of your current situation.
Even if your mental or physical being is not aligned; psyche yourself to find a way out. Your current situation is not a comment on your destiny. Yes, we said it, you’re destined for so much more. Even if it does or does not go as planned, it is not the end of the world.